Wedding Card with Petals a Plenty

Here is a card I made for the wedding we are attending on the weekend  - on Hamilton Island!!!  (jealous yet?)
The groom is the son of a friend of mine, and both the groom and his mum were taught by Stuart, my husband!  Small world, hey :)  Some of the wedding guests may get a surprise when they spot Mr Jacob :P  Tales of detention and more...

On to the card...  I wanted something special for this card, and have made a fold with a special pocket for a gift card or cheque.  I made this by folding the card in Landscape orientation, with the first two sections being normal card size, and the remaining piece being folded inwards to form a pocket.  Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the inside to show you.  I trimmed the inside edge with the Scallop Trim punch to decorate it.

The bride's dress is Whisper White, embossed with the Petals a Plenty embossing folder for the BigShot.  I have added some bits of gold glitter to highlight the centre of the petals.  The card base is Very Vanilla, and then there is a layer of Basic Black.  Next up is a Whisper White layer sponged with River Rock ink.  The background is a panel of River Rock.  To co-ordinate with the colour scheme of the wedding I have made a cummerbund from a piece of Very Vanilla stamped and embossed with gold using the Confetti background set.  I've also added some Basics Rhinestones to give a bit of Bling to the Bride's neckline.

The concept for this design was provided by the very clever Valita, at Valita's Fresh Folds.  Go have a look to see the other wonderful creations she makes!

No comments